Thursday, November 19, 2009

Hello Hello Again

I didn't feel like my first post was long enough.

Let me introduce myself. My name is Mellie and I live in a sweet apartment in Wicker Park,Chicago. My husband and I are the owners of 3 beautiful cats and the owner of a lot of pop culture junk (toys,books,music,etc).

My love for pop culture pretty much followed me home from birth. My mom carried me home in a Strawberry Shortcake outfit in the year of '83. I am honored to have been born in such a wonderful decade. I was also introduced to the decades before me since my step-dad was a teen 50s and my age in the 60s. So I naturally love Chuck Berry and garage rock. Of course I love influences from those years, such as the Ramones. If you were wondering, my first cassette tape that I fell in love with as a yongster was.....UB40s Labour of Love. I found out years and years later that Cherry-O Baby was a cover....go figure.

I will talk about toys,movies,and books in the up coming posts.

Anyway, what's your story?

No comments:

Post a Comment