Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Tim Burton




Artist of the Day: Tim Burton
Website of the Day: Tim Burton Moma Exhibit

My first glimpse into Tim Burton's world was when I had a childhood obsession with his first film, Pee-Wee's Big Adventure. At the time I wasn't aware that the film was a Tim Burton film. But looking back at it now, it is quite obvious. He has come a long way from films like Beetlejuice. Oh yes, we must not forget his version of Batman.

It has become impossible to go into a store that sells movie related toys without coming across Jack Skeleton. Now, he has Tragic Toys that are characters from his poetry book,
The Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy & Other Stories. I would not recommend these as a gift for the child you babysit for.


I am very excited about the Tim Burton exhibit in NYC at Moma. I have many good reviews of it and hope to make a trip there before it closes.










3 comments:

  1. tim burton is amazingggg. wish i could see that exhibit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mellie, did you see that Cristina went to the exhibit? It sounds like it was amazing too!!

    ReplyDelete